Dr. Jamie Marich
Only $150.00 USD for 6 EMDRIA Credits*
Course Description:Shapiro described the execution of EMDR as an essential interaction between client, method, and clinician. This workshop encourages participants to take Shapiro’s thinking a step further. Participants will be able explain what a general literature review of the psychotherapeutic professions reveals about the importance of empathy in treatment. After participating in a series of guided imagery exercises designed to foster empathy, participants will be able to identify with the experience of a new client presenting for and experiencing EMDR treatment. Participants will be able to evaluate one’s own capacity for empathy within the therapeutic context and apply it to their own EMDR practice.
1.) To explain what a general literature review of the psychotherapeutic professions reveals about the importance of empathy and therapeutic alliance in treatment (regardless of specific method)
2.) To describe the most recent conclusions drawn by EMDR-specific research and writing on the role of empathy and therapeutic alliance in EMDR treatment
3.) To identify with the experience of a new client presenting for and experiencing EMDR treatment after participating in a series of guided imagery and video exercises
4.) To evaluate one’s own capacity for empathy within the therapeutic context and apply it to their own EMDR practice
- This is a five-module online course. You will need a browser with capacity to view videos from YouTube (and in similar formats) and to listen to .mp3 files included in the course. You will also be required to download .pdf files for article reading. The course is a mixture of scholarly article reading, clinical sharing, audio/guided imagery exercises for experiential components, and video clip viewing (instructional and EMDR demonstrations by Dr. Marich).
- Complete a 30-item post-test; a score of 75% required to pass
Registration and Accessing Course Materials:
- PayPal payment is preferred; the link is set up at www.drjamiemarich.com/training
- Upon payment, you will receive a private link to access all of the necessary course materials. Easy to download them from your own online portal!
- If you are unable to pay via PayPal, email our office at email@example.com or call 330-881-2944 and instructions will be given for sending your check via conventional mail.
- If you do not have reliable Internet access, materials will be send via a CD-ROM upon special request