An Introduction to Dissociation using EMDR and Parts of Self
with Lindsey Olsen, LMFT
Fri., Feb. 9, 2018, 8:00am – 12pm
Lindsey Olsen has a special interest in addressing complex trauma with clients. During her 3.5 hour presentation, Lindsey uses videos, case examples and a live demonstration to help clinicians gain a basic understanding of Ego State Therapy and Structural Dissociation and theory. She describes how and why parts of self are created. You will gain an understanding of how to integrate Ego State Therapy and Structural Dissociation interventions into their EMDR Practice using the AIP model. Lindsey outlines the assessment process using the Dissociative Experiences Scale (DES) and how to utilize Fraser’s Table. The discussion includes different ways to titrate, and resourcing techniques. Lindsey is the owner of Alliance Therapy & Counseling Services and is an EMDR approved consultant and basic coach.
We hope you can join us for a light brunch while learning from expert EMDR clinician, Lindsey Olsen, LMFT.
- Participants will learn two different ways to define dissociation.
- Participants will learn 2 different ways to connect EMDR using the AIP model and Parts of Self work.
- Participants will gain competence in Structural Dissociation Theory and Ego State Therapy.
- Participants will learn two different ways to titrate a session when the client becomes overwhelmed.
- Participants will learn two different ways to set up Fraser’s Table.
Registration for Brunch & Learn www.eventbrite.com
Live at EMDR & Beyond offices, 1504 42nd St., Suite 210, West DesMoines
Virtual sites at Ames, Waterloo, Sioux City, Oskaloosa
3.5 EMDRIA CEU’s (under review). EMDR & Beyond is an ADA compliant site. Contact Bonnie Mikelson, LISW, Director at email@example.com for special accommodations.
Sponsored by EMDR & Beyond LLC & Alliance Therapy & Counseling Services
This program is under review for 3.5 hours of EMDRIA Credits.